The present day Lyndon Cemetery off of highway 78, west of the village is the second cemetery in the township. The first was located on a wooded knoll off the highway east of Lyndon and in the late 1800’s permission was sought to remove the bodies to the present day cemetery.
In 1862, a charter was issued to the Lyndon Rangers, Company B. 75th Regiment, Illinois Volunteers where they participated in the Civil War. The G.A.R. (Grand Army of the Republic) canon stands watch over the cemetery today.
Walking around the cemetery recall the earlier settlers of Lyndon. This beautiful site is located on a hill facing south and is well maintained.
Phone: (815) 778-4484